At Norterre, our goal is to provide a pathway for everyone to live a healthier life. That could mean making better choices when eating out or cooking dinner for the family. It could mean changing your lifestyle to incorporate regular exercise or break an unhealthy habit. Either way, we are here to help. When you find yourself in a situation where you need some additional guidance and coaching, our medically-integrated programs offer two unique and essential components– nutritional coaching/education and exercise. This allows for a significant impact on the end result. Our Programs are for those with medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, Parkinson’s, cancer, and arthritis. They are also recommended to reduce fall risks and prevent future health challenges. We offer seven different programs, each one tailored to meet your needs.
- Weight Balance — designed for those who desire to lose and maintain weight loss by incorporating healthier behaviors and nutritional habits into their lives. We will provide practical solutions and informational guidelines where you can begin to see a real difference.
- Heart Health Wellness — recommended for anyone diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high-risk factors for heart disease, as well as those with a family history of heart disease. This 12-week program incorporates nutritional education, including food demonstrations and tastings, with an exercise curriculum designed to help control and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Parkinson’s Wellness — is designed for those looking to improve health after a Parkinson’s diagnosis. This 12-week program helps participants slow disease progression and help reduce Parkinson’s symptoms and fall risks by incorporating healthy nutritional habits and neuroplasticity exercises that increase strength, balance, flexibility and mobility, with an improved quality of life and longevity.
- Dynamic Movement — recommended for anyone looking to improve their general health as it relates to daily living activities affected by diminished balance and core strength. This 12-week program incorporates an exercise curriculum to increase strength, balance, mobility and capability to function well on a daily basis.
- Aquatics to Restore Wellness — ideal for those unable to exercise safely and comfortably due to weight, joint pain and inflammation, recovery from injuries or a medical diagnosis for which the buoyancy of warm water provides optimal conditions for movement.
- Cancer Wellness — recommended for those currently receiving treatment for, or in remission of, a cancer diagnosis. This 12-week program incorporates nutritional education, including food demonstrations and tastings, with an exercise curriculum to increase stamina, energy, strength and overall physical function for an improved quality of life and longevity.
- Diabetes Wellness — helps those with Type 2 or Prediabetes manage their condition more effectively, with greater awareness of how nutrition and exercise affect their glucose levels. During this 12-week class, participants will learn which foods are healthiest alternatives, with cooking demonstrations and taste-testing to aid in personal lifestyle adjustments.
If you or someone you know could benefit from any one of
these programs, please let us know: call or email BRENDA.PERREA@NORTERRE.ORG